To revitalize and maintain designated urban neighborhoods as vibrant areas that attract people who value diversity, historic architecture, security and community.
What participants are saying...
- “ … such a helpful and informative seminar. For the first time we don’t feel scared of buying a home. Instead we feel encouraged and empowered. Thanks again for all your help!”
- “This class was so educational; I would encourage everyone who is looking for home to come here first..”
- “Great program for any first time homebuyer!.”
- “ The information was very informative even for the things that I’ve already heard. It was nice to hear confirmation and clarity which helped me feel more confident in the entire home buying process..”
- “The information exceeded my expectations.”
- “We are so fortunate to have this workshop. I learned information that seemed like another tidbit; but it will make all the difference in our investment!?
- “ Outstanding class!”
- “I feel better about home buying now that I have completed the workshop.”
- “Thanks-love the way you all work and move things along. Many other organizations could learn from you.”
- “This class is a must for all first time homebuyers!”
Homebuyer Education helps you make the right decisions
So you want to buy a home and don't know where to begin? Let NHSKC help you in this process through our homebuyer educational services to assist first-time homebuyers.
Homeownership education and counseling is more vital than ever. With the constantly changing mortgage environment, it is harder for first time home-buyers to receive loan approvals.
Our training and education is geared to meet the current mortgage lending realities. NHSKC’s certified and experienced homeownership educators hold workshops monthly.
The entire home purchase process is explained during the interactive workshops. Topics include:
- Financially preparing for homeownership
- Can I afford to buy a house and, if so, how expensive a house?
- How much cash will I need?
- Will my mortgage loan application receive approval if I have credit issues?
- Obtaining a mortgage
- What local grant programs and loan products are available?
- How will the lender decide to give me a loan?
- Shopping for a home
- When I’m shown a house, what should I look for?
- Should I use a buyer’s agent?
- The closing process
- What documents will I be expected to sign?
- Why does it cost to get a mortgage loan?
- Life as a homeowner
- What are the tax advantages of homeownership?
- If miss making my mortgage payments, will I really lose my home?
This one-to-one session with a homeownership specialist is tailored to your individual needs to ensure that your mortgage application is successful.
The complete program cost is $50.00. An outline of our Homebuyer Education Program can be downloaded from above (see File Attachments).
Registration for all sessions is required. View the calendar for sessions convenient to you and either register online or call us at (816) 822-7703, ext. 225.